Saturday, July 24, 2010

Yet more blogging

So, after much deliberation, I've now "moved" my anticipated blog for my high school students.  Yup, I've now gone from wordpress to blogger.  Why?  Well, since I cannot figure out how to embed video's on wordpress, and I do know how to on blogger, I've switched over.

Here's my next question.  I need to register students to allow them access.  However, I really dislike the idea of individual students creating logins without teacher or parent control.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I've thought about creating student accounts that I could monitor.  I'm really at a loss so any ideas would be appreciated.

The new blog can be found here:  broadviewscience.blogspot.com .

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try out Google Groups this year for the student access issue. I'm hoping it will work, but won't really know until school starts. As far as I can tell, discussions can be kept going through Google groups and as long as you have the students emails you can invite just them. That might be worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. After reading your comment I quickly checked it out. That may be the way to go. I'm going to play around with it before school starts and see if this will suit my needs.

    ReplyDelete