Just a quick post.
Final Project: My project includes a blog and a class wiki. Students will initially only comment on articles and videos on the blog. After a time, I will have students contribute articles and discussion questions of their own. The class wiki will serve two purposes. First, it will be a location for students to find assignments and information,much like a traditional website. Second, students will contribute to the wiki in the form of uploading projects (glogster, presentations, lab data, etc.) and describing key points (notes) for topics covered in class. Presently, I'm going to limit contributions to the blog and wiki to my upper level high school classes (grades 11&12). After a period of time, I will slowly phase in aspects for students in grades 7 through 10. Grading for the blog and wiki projects will be determined later.
Class wiki: https://broadview-science.wikispaces.com/
Class blog: http://broadviewscience.blogspot.com/
Enjoy!
First off......I am totally amazed that you teach so many different science classes- what a full plate!!! You must be an awesome juggler!!
ReplyDeleteI really like your set-up and I like the approach you are taking by introducing collaboration via the blog only a few grades at a time. I think that will definitely make it more manageable- and also provide a nice trial one.
Also, your "Rules for Commenting" page is great- very informative. The prompts you provide for commenting are also very helpful.
When you do incorporate collaboration, do you plan to assess students participation? If so how?
Great job; good luck in the year ahead!!!
I love your rules for commenting. That will be very important to remember all of those things and it's important we train our students right the first time in order for the discussions to be successful. Great job on the project!
ReplyDelete