Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My First Post ...

I have to admit, this really isn't my first blog post.  I have had other blogs in the past.  The problem with those blogs is I just didn't seem to have the energy/time to contribute to them.

A little about my self.  I married and have 1 great kid and another on the way.  I teach science in a small rural town in Montana.  I have been teaching science for 10 years.  Because it is a small town, I'm the only science teacher in the school.  As a result, I'm responsible for all the science instruction in the junior high and high school.  I also coach volleyball for the school.  Most of my coaching has been at the junior high level, but recently I've been coaching at the high school level.  This coming year will be my first year as the head coach for our high school volleyball team.

So why create this blog.  Of course, this blog was created for a class. However, I hope to use what I learn from this class (and blog) to be able to incorporate the web in my upper level science classes.  Of course, I may get side tracked and blog about other issues, but hey isn't that what blogging is for!

1 comment:

  1. Investing the time to maintain a blog is a challenge! You may want to take some time during the course to explore Posterous. Posting to a Posterous blog is as easy as sending an e-mail. This also makes it easy for students to post to your blog (either directly or through you).

    I use Posterous as a "feeder" to my blog. One of the settings you have in Posterous is to have it automatically create a post for a different blog. So, I can send an e-mail to posterous and it will automatically update my www.teachingscience20.com blog. As a result, I have been much more regular in making brief posts -- usually interesting new items.

    ReplyDelete